Prexaron M SR Tablet is used for Improvement of neurological functions in patients with ischemic strokes, Treatment of head trauma, Treatment of cognitive disorders, Co-therapy treatment for Parkinson’s disease, Anemia, Nerve damage, Numbness and tingling, Pain in neurological disorders and other conditions. Prexaron M SR Tablet may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
Prexaron M SR Tablet contains Citicoline and Methyl cobalamin as active ingredients.
Prexaron M SR Tablet works by participating in the biosynthesis of the structural phospholipids of cell membranes; works in recovery process of damaged nerve cells;
Detailed information related to Prexaron M SR Tablet’s uses, composition, dosage, side effects and reviews is listed below.
Prexaron M SR Tablet is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
- Improvement of neurological functions in patients with ischemic strokes
- Treatment of head trauma
- Treatment of cognitive disorders
- Co-therapy treament for parkinson’s disease
- Nerve damage
- Numbness and tingling
- Pain in neurological disorders
- Prexaron M SR Tablet may also be used for purposes not listed here.
The following is a list of possible side-effects that may occur from all constituting ingredients of Prexaron M SR Tablet. This is not a comprehensive list. These side-effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side-effects may be rare but serious. Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side-effects, especially if they do not go away.
- Stimulation of the parasympathetic system
- Minor hypotensive effect
- Gastrointestinal discomfort
- Rash may be seen after administration
- Prexaron M SR Tablet may also cause side-effects not listed here.
Before using Prexaron M SR, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side-effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition. Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
- Any allergy
- Consult doctor before using this product
- Do not administer Citicoline with medications containing meclofenoxate
- Keep out of the reach of children
- People having history of liver disease
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding
Interactions with Prexaron M SR Tablet
If you use other drugs or over the counter products at the same time, the effects of Prexaron M SR may change. This may increase your risk for side-effects or cause your drug not to work properly. Tell your doctor about all the drugs, vitamins, and herbal supplements you are using, so that you doctor can help you prevent or manage drug interactions. Prexaron M SR may interact with the following drugs and products:
- Aminosalicylic acid
- H2 blockers
- L ‐ dopa
- Proton pump inhibitors
When not to use Prexaron M SR Tablet
Hypersensitivity to Prexaron M SR is a contraindication. In addition, Prexaron M SR should not be used if you have the following conditions:
- Patients with Hypertonic of the parasympathetic