MUCINAC 600MG contain Acetylcysteine which belongs to a group of medicine called mucolytic agents. It is used to treat airway diseases such as bronchitis (inflammation of the mucous membrane in the airways), emphysema (a lung condition where the air sacs in the lungs are damaged causing shortness of breath, mucoviscidosis (inherited life-threatening disorder that damages the lungs and digestive system) and bronchiectasis (chronic widening of an airway passage). It breaks down and loosens thick phlegm, making it runny and easy to cough up.
This medicine is strictly not recommended for use in children under 2 years. It is not suitable for children and adolescents up to 18 years. This medicine is indicated for adults only. Always take MUCINAC 600MG exactly as your doctor has told you. This medicine must be taken with or without food. Consumption of alcohol is not recommended during this treatment. Before taking this medicine tell your doctor if you have ever had kidney disease, heart disease, or pancreas problems. Pregnant and breastfeeding women should consult their doctor before taking this medicine.
USES OF MUCINAC 600MG
- Treat airway diseases such as bronchitis, emphysema, mucoviscidosis and bronchiectasis
HOW MUCINAC 600MG WORKS
MUCINAC 600MG works by thinning the mucus (phlegm) making it easier to cough out. Thus, it clears the air passage and make breathing easier. It also has antioxidant action.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Always take MUCINAC 600MG exactly as your doctor has told you. This medicine must be taken with or without food. Try to take this medicine at the same time each day.
SIDE EFFECTS OF MUCINAC 600MG
- Anaphylactic shock leading to severe drop in blood pressure, paleness, restlessness, weak pulse, clammy skin and decreased consciousness
- Allergic reaction such as sudden fluid accumulation in the skin and mucous membranes (e.g. throat or tongue), breathing difficulties and/or itching and skin rash(angioedema)
- Difficulty breathing, shortness of breath or breathlessness
- Impaired digestion with symptom of fullness in the upper abdomen, gastric pain, belching, nausea, and heartburn (dyspepsia)
HOW TO MANAGE SIDE EFFECTS
Try taking this medicine with, or just after, a meal or snack and stick to simple meals and do not eat rich or spicy food.
Apply a cold, wet cloth, or ice pack on the skin. Moisturize your skin. Apply cooling agents, such as menthol or calamine.
WARNING & PRECAUTIONS
MUCINAC 600MG should be used with caution in pregnant women. Consult your doctor before taking this medicine.
MUCINAC 600MG should be used with caution in breast feeding women. Consult your doctor before taking this medicine.
Consumption of alcohol is not recommended during treatment with MUCINAC 600MG.
MUCINAC 600MG should be used with caution in patients suffering from active kidney diseases. Consult your doctor for advice.
MUCINAC 600MG should be used with caution in patients suffering from liver function impairment or active liver diseases. Consult your doctor for advice.
Do not take MUCINAC 600MG if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to acetylcysteine or any other ingredients in this medicine.
It is not recommended in patients with active lung diseases (bronchial asthma). Discuss the risks and benefits with your doctor.
Tell your doctor if you have or had a condition such as,
- A peptic ulcer
- Stevens-Johnson syndrome (serious hypersensitivity reactions with (high) fever, skin redness, joint pains and/or eye infection)
- Lyell syndrome (acute hypersensitivity reactions accompanied by fever and blisters on the skin or peeling of the skin)
- New changes to the skin or mucous membranes.
Talk to your doctor if you are taking,
- Antibiotics (used to treat infections)
- Nitroglycerin (used to treat angina pectoris)
- Activated charcoal (used to treat traveler’s diarrheic)
- Cough suppressants
Store below 20-25°C and keep out of reach of children.
FAQs ABOUT MUCINAC 600MG
Q: How does mucolytic agents work?
A: Mucolytic works to break down mucus to aid high-risk respiratory patients in coughing up thick, tenacious secretions.
Q: Can MUCINAC 600MG be used in adults?
A: Yes, this medicine is mainly recommended for use in adults only. It is not suitable for use in children and adolescents up to 18 years.
Q: Can I take MUCINAC 600MG during lung disease?
A: No, it is not recommended in patients with active lung diseases (bronchial asthma). Before taking, discuss the risks and benefits with your doctor.
There are no reviews yet.