About Harmoni F Tablet 21’s
Harmoni F Tablet 21’s belongs to the group of medicines called ‘hormonal drugs’ used in the treatment of polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS). It is also used in the treatment of severe acne and hirsutism (excessive hair growth in the face and chest) in women. Polycystic ovary syndrome is a condition in which ovaries are affected.
Harmoni F Tablet 21’s contains Cyproterene, Ethinylestradiol, and Folic acid. Cyproterone and Ethinyl estradiol are hormones. Cyproterone works by blocking a male hormone named androgen overproduction in the ovaries and reducing symptoms such as unwanted facial hair growth and acne. Ethinylestradiol acts as an enhancer. It enhances the effect of cyproterone by reducing the amount of androgens in the blood. It also regulates the menstrual cycle. Folic acid is a nutritional supplement.
You should take this medicine exactly as prescribed by the doctor. The common side-effects of Harmoni F Tablet 21’s are weight gain, nausea, tender breast, stomach pain, headache, and mood changes. Most of these side effects do not require medical attention and gradually resolve over time. However, if any of these side-effects persist or get worse, inform your doctor immediately.
It is not recommended to take Harmoni F Tablet 21’s if you are allergic to any contents of it. Do not take Harmoni F Tablet 21’s if you have breast cancer, history of blood clots, history of heart attack or stroke, blood clotting problems, migraine, severe liver disease, liver tumours and meningioma (benign tumour present in the tissue layer between the brain and the skull). It is not recommended for use in children, pregnant women, and breastfeeding mothers. Do not consume alcohol as it may increase the risk of side-effects. Harmoni F Tablet 21’s may not affect your ability to drive.
Uses of Harmoni F Tablet 21’s
Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)
Harmoni F Tablet 21’s is a hormonal medicine used in the treatment of polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS). It is used to treat irregular menstrual cycles, severe acne, and hirsutism (excessive hair growth on the face and chest). Thus, it can effectively reduce the symptoms of PCOS. It is also used as a contraceptive. You should take this medicine exactly as prescribed by the doctor every day to get the maximum benefits.
Directions for Use
Side Effects of Harmoni F Tablet 21’s
- Weight gain
- Tender breast
- Stomach pain
- Mood changes
In-Depth Precautions and Warning
Before taking Harmoni F Tablet 21’s, inform your doctor if you have high blood pressure, blood clotting problems, migraine, depression, obesity or overweight, porphyria (an inherited blood disorder), diabetes, pancreatitis (inflammation of the pancreas), high cholesterol, and chloasma (brown patches on face and body) as this medicine may worsen the above conditions. Check your breast every month for changes such as if you feel lumps, see anything odd, please inform your doctor. If you smoke, are obese, have a history of blood clots, do not use Harmoni F Tablet 21’s. If you see swelling or pain in your limbs, chest pain, unusual and sudden cough, speech problems, abdominal pain, and shortness of breath, please inform your doctor. These symptoms may indicate the presence of a blood clot. Inform your doctor if your periods do not start within a week after taking Harmoni F Tablet 21’s. If you are taking this medicine for contraception and have missed a dose or are late by 12 hours, please wear a condom for 2 days while sexual intercourse to avoid unwanted pregnancy.
Drug-Drug Interactions: Harmoni F Tablet 21’s may interact with an antitubercular drug (rifampicin), drugs used for fits (phenobarbital, phenytoin, primidone, topiramate, carbamazepine, and phenylbutazone), drugs used for HIV (ritonavir and modafinil), antibiotics, penicillins, and tetracyclines, herbal products used to treat depression (Hypericum perforatum), anticancer drug (fluorouracil), a medicine used to treat high cholesterol (cholestyramine), and medicines used to bowel disorders (sulfasalazine).
Drug-Food Interactions: Alcohol consumption should be avoided while taking Harmoni F Tablet 21’s.
Drug-Disease Interactions: Harmoni F Tablet 21’s should not be used in patients with a history of heart attack or stroke, blood clots in the legs (thrombophlebitis), lungs (pulmonary embolism), or eyes, blood clots in the deep veins of your legs, known or suspected breast cancer or cancer of the lining of the uterus, cervix, or vagina, liver tumour (benign or cancerous), angina pectoris (chest pain), unexplained vaginal bleeding, jaundice (yellowing of the whites of the eyes or skin) during pregnancy or during previous use of the pill, heart rhythm disorders, diabetes affecting your circulation, headaches with neurological symptoms, uncontrolled high blood pressure, liver disease, and surgery with prolonged bed rest.
CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR
Do not consume alcohol while using Harmoni F Tablet 21’s as it may increase the risk of side-effects and worsen the condition.
CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR
Harmoni F Tablet 21’s is not recommended for use in pregnant women. It also acts as a contraceptive, so you should not take any other hormonal contraceptives. However, you should use reliable contraception such as condoms if necessary,
Harmoni F Tablet 21’s should be used with caution in breastfeeding mothers as it may cause harmful effects to the nursing baby.
Harmoni F Tablet 21’s may not affect your ability to drive.
Harmoni F Tablet 21’s should be used with caution in patients with liver diseases. The dose may have to be adjusted by the doctor as required.
Harmoni F Tablet 21’s should be used with caution in patients with kidney diseases. The dose may have to be adjusted by the doctor as required.
Diet & Lifestyle Advise
- Keep your weight under control with a body mass index (BMI) 19.5-24.9.
- Opt for a diet rich in whole grains, fruits, veggies, and low-fat dairy products.
- Quitting smoking and not drinking alcohol is the best strategy to lower the risk of any complication.
- Do regular exercise to maintain weight fluctuations caused due to Harmoni F Tablet 21’s.
- Monitor your blood pressure daily and if there is too much fluctuation, then immediately contact your doctor.
- Try to include heart-healthy omega 3 fatty acid-containing food drinks, plenty of fluids, and fruits in your daily diet. You can also use low-fat cooking oil like olive oil, soybean oil, canola oil, and coconut oil to lower your elevated blood pressure.
- In overweight women, the symptoms of PCOS and the overall risk of developing long-term health problems from PCOS can be greatly reduced by losing excess weight.
- Before prescribing Harmoni F Tablet 21’s, the doctor may perform a breast examination if you have any problems with the breast such as pain or tenderness and lumps in the breast, or if you have any other concerns. Your doctor may also perform an examination to excludes the chances of you being pregnant.
- It is not advised to take any other hormonal contraceptives along with Harmoni F Tablet 21’s as this medicine also serves as a contraceptive. However, ask your doctor if there is a need to take additional contraception such as condoms while using this medicine.
- You may need regular check-ups while using Harmoni F Tablet 21’s. You may also undergo regular cervical smear tests.
- Before undergoing any blood tests or surgery, inform your doctor that you are taking Harmoni F Tablet 21’s.
- Do not stop taking Harmoni F Tablet 21’s before completing its full course, even if you feel your symptoms are better.
Polycystic ovarian syndrome: Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is a common condition, which affects the function of ovaries. It is characterized by irregular and painful periods, excess androgen in the blood (leading to excessive facial hair and acne) and polycystic ovaries (ovaries become enlarge and the egg become surrounded by fluid-filled sacs).
Category from : Harmoni F Tablet 21’S