About Apriglim-MV 203 Tablet 10’s
Apriglim-MV 203 Tablet 10’s is a combination of anti-diabetic drugs used to treat type 2 diabetes mellites. Type 2 diabetes is a chronic or lifelong condition that affects the way your body processes glucose. People with type 2 diabetes either do not produce enough insulin or if at all the insulin is produced, it is unable to perform its function in the body (insulin resistance). Due to this, the blood glucose level increases and causes symptoms such as frequent urination, increased thirst and increased hunger start.
Apriglim-MV 203 Tablet 10’s is a combination of three antidiabetic drugs: Glimepiride, Metformin and Voglibose. Glimepiride, which is a ‘sulfonylurea’, acts by increasing the amount of insulin released by the pancreas. Metformin, which is a ‘biguanide’, acts by lowering the glucose production in the liver, delaying glucose absorption from the intestines and increasing the body’s response to insulin. Voglibose, which is an ‘alpha-glucosidase inhibitor’, prevents the breakdown of complex sugars into simple sugars such as glucose in the intestine. In a nutshell, the three medicines together prevent the blood glucose levels from rising to very high levels, thus keeping your diabetes under control.
Apriglim-MV 203 Tablet 10’s should be taken with food to avoid an upset stomach. Based on your medical condition, your doctor will decide for how long you need to take Apriglim-MV 203 Tablet 10’s. Apriglim-MV 203 Tablet 10’s may cause certain common side effects such as hypoglycaemia (low blood glucose levels), taste change, nausea, diarrhoea, stomach pain, headache, upper respiratory symptoms. Most of these side effects do not require medical attention and will resolve gradually over time. However, if you experience these side effects persistently, consult your doctor.
Continue taking Apriglim-MV 203 Tablet 10’s for as long as your doctor has advised. If you stop taking Apriglim-MV 203 Tablet 10’s abruptly, it may increase your sugar levels which could further increase the risk of eyesight loss (retinopathy), kidney (nephropathy) and nerve damage (neuropathy). Apriglim-MV 203 Tablet 10’s should not be taken if you have type 1 diabetes mellitus, severe kidney or liver disease. Please inform your doctor if you have any type of heart disease, are planning to get pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Uses of Apriglim-MV 203 Tablet 10’s
Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Apriglim-MV 203 Tablet 10’s contains Glimepiride, Metformin and Voglibose. Glimepiride, which is a ‘sulfonylurea’, acts by increasing the amount of insulin released by the pancreas. Metformin, which is a ‘biguanide’, acts by lowering the glucose production in the liver, delaying glucose absorption from the intestines and increasing the body’s response to insulin. Voglibose, which is an ‘alpha-glucosidase inhibitor’ prevents the breakdown of complex sugars into simple sugars such as glucose in the intestine. Apriglim-MV 203 Tablet 10’s prevents the blood glucose levels from rising to very high levels thus keeping your diabetes under control. Apriglim-MV 203 Tablet 10’s also helps to prevent serious complications of diabetes such as kidney damage (Diabetic Nephropathy), blindness (Diabetic Retinopathy), loss of sensation in your hands and feet (Diabetic Neuropathy), Apriglim-MV 203 Tablet 10’s also helps to reduce your chance of having a heart attack or stroke. Being a combination of three drugs, Apriglim-MV 203 Tablet 10’s reduces the need to take multiple pills and hence makes it easier to remember to take the drugs.
Directions for Use
Side Effects of Apriglim-MV 203 Tablet 10’s
- Hypoglycaemia (low blood glucose level)
- Taste change
- Stomach pain
- Upper respiratory symptoms
In-Depth Precautions and Warning
Some diabetic patients taking Apriglim-MV 203 Tablet 10’s may develop a rare but serious condition called lactic acidosis. In this condition, there is too much lactic acid accumulated in the blood. So, your liver and kidney proper functioning is required for the elimination of excess lactic acid from the blood. You should not take Apriglim-MV 203 Tablet 10’s if you have kidney disease, as measured by a blood test. Apriglim-MV 203 Tablet 10’s may lower vitamin B12 levels, so try to have blood test annual blood and vitamin. Apriglim-MV 203 Tablet 10’s when used with or without insulin has the tendency to extremely lower the blood sugar level. So, the doctor may lower the dose of insulin. Apriglim-MV 203 Tablet 10’s may lower your thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH), so an annual check-up of TSH is suggested.
Drug-Drug Interaction: Apriglim-MV 203 Tablet 10’s may interact with insulin, high blood pressure-lowering pills (hydrochlorothiazide, amlodipine), water pills/diuretics (furosemide), heart failure-related medicines (digoxin), anti-hypertensive (metoprolol), steroids (prednisolone), thyroid hormones etc. So, tell your doctor if you are using these drugs before taking Apriglim-MV 203 Tablet 10’s.
Drug-Food Interaction: Taking Apriglim-MV 203 Tablet 10’s with alcoholic beverages may increase the risk of a rare but serious and potentially life-threatening condition known as lactic acidosis (build-up of lactic acid in the blood) and hypoglycaemia.
Drug-Disease Interaction: Apriglim-MV 203 Tablet 10’s should be avoided in patients with vitamin B12 deficiency, kidney problems, liver problems, cardiovascular disease (heart-related issues) and low blood sugar level (hypoglycaemia) as it may worsen the condition.
CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR
Taking Apriglim-MV 203 Tablet 10’s with alcohol can cause hypoglycaemia and can also lead to a rare but life-threatening condition known as Lactic Acidosis. So, keep your doctor informed if you drink alcohol.
As the data around the use of Apriglim-MV 203 Tablet 10’s in pregnant women is limited, the use of Apriglim-MV 203 Tablet 10’s in pregnancy is restricted. It is highly recommended to consult your doctor before taking this drug in case you are pregnant.
The name is not recommended during breastfeeding. However, your doctor may prescribe it for you during breastfeeding if he/she feels that the benefit to you outweighs the risk. You should not take Apriglim-MV 203 Tablet 10’s without a doctor’s advice.
Apriglim-MV 203 Tablet 10’s may cause hypoglycaemia (low blood sugar levels) whose symptoms include unusual sleepiness, shivering, palpitations, sweating etc. This may affect your ability to drive. Use caution while driving or doing anything that requires concentration.
Apriglim-MV 203 Tablet 10’s to be taken with caution, especially if you have a history of liver diseases/conditions. Dose may have to be adjusted by your doctor depending on your liver function tests.
Apriglim-MV 203 Tablet 10’s to be taken with caution, especially if you have a history of Kidney diseases/conditions. Dose may have to be adjusted by your doctor depending on your kidney function tests.
Diet & Lifestyle Advise
- Fill your half plate with starchy veggies, quarter with proteins and quarter with whole grain.
- Eat at regular interval. Do not take long gap between a meal or snack.
- Monitor your blood sugar level regularly especially when there are a lot of fluctuations.
- Invest at least 150 min of moderate intensity physical activity and 15 minutes of high intensity exercise every week.
- Lose weight gradually to achieve a healthy body mass index (18.5 to 24.9).
- Replace refined carbohydrates containing foods with wholegrain foods and increase intake of fruits and veggies and other fibre enriched foods.
- Reduce intake of saturated fat (or hidden fats) in the food like chips, crisps, pastries, biscuits and samosas. Choose omega 3 fatty acid containing oils for daily cooking. For frying, you may use palm oil, mustard oil, groundnut oil, rice bran oil and safflower oil.
- Do not take stress as it may elevate your blood sugar level. You may adopt stress management techniques like mindfulness, yoga or meditation to control stress related blood sugar changes.
- Opt for low-fat dairy products (low fat yogurt, fat free milk and cheese etc.).
- Keep your blood pressure as normal (120/80) as possible. As it reduces risk of cardiovascular diseases in diabetes patients.
- Keep taking the drug even if you think your blood sugar levels are under control. If you miss a dose, do not take a larger dose, consult your treating physician for advice.
- Take short frequent meals, avoid prolonged fasting when taking this drug. Beware of symptoms of hypoglycaemia which include sweating, dizziness, palpitations, shivering, intense thirst, dry mouth, dry skin, frequent urination etc. Whenever you experience the above mentioned symptoms, immediately consume 5-6 candies or 3 glucose biscuits or 3 teaspoons of honey/sugar and also get in touch with your physician. Make sure to carry these with you at all times, especially for long travels.
- It is always better that your physician knows about any underlying conditions like kidney disease or liver disease, prior heart attack, alcohol intake, etc before the doctor prescribes you this medicine.
- Avoid drinking alcohol while on this drug as it increases the risk of hypoglycaemia (decrease in blood sugar which might be fatal in some cases) and lactic acidosis (when the lactic acid increases in the body which impacts the functioning of various organs in the body).
- Try to quit smoking and reduce intake of carbohydrate rich food like potato, rice, mangoes, bread, sugar etc.
- Remember, lifestyle modifications are the most important step in controlling blood sugar levels.
Other Information (APR0092)
This item is Not Returnable.
Expires on or after – Sep-2022
Diabetes Mellitus type 2 is a condition in which either the body stops producing enough insulin (the hormone which helps to decrease sugar levels in the blood) or there is resistance to the action of insulin. As a result, excessive insulin is produced but it fails to act on the organs of the body. Symptoms of type 2 diabetes include feeling exhausted all time, feeling thirsty, having blurry vision, and urge to urinate (pee) more often. Complications of type 2 diabetes include skin infection, eye problems (retinopathy), nerve damage (neuropathy), diabetic foot (foot ulcer), kidney disease (nephropathy), high blood pressure and even stroke.
Category from : APRIGLIM MV 203 Tablet 10’s